not the real date yet...

.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

...the journey continues

Today was one more of those days when you take a deep breath and feel like everything is falling in to place.  How nice that feeling is and how often it is taken for granted. Yesterday i completed my 'gestational carrier packet' (AKA surro packet) for clinic numero 3. After submitting that i received a call from the carrier coordinator and LOVED her! It was such a nice thing to feel good and confident after getting off the phone! Tara had more appointments at the clinic today and was still happy with the new people she met and the progress that's finally coming together. She will be starting BCPs soon and that is the first step towards egg retrieval! I cannot even fathom having that done- it is going to be so exciting to have that done and to get them fertilized and tested. [ohh, the speech of a surro, ha] Unfortunately, the carrier coordinator is out of town for the holidays (must be nice!) so once i have the rest of the records they need in, i will have 2 phone appointments and then when she gets back in to town we will schedule the 'All Day' appointment. THIS appointment is very important- this is the appointment where Tara, Andres, and I all go in to the clinic together to complete all pre-screening and tests, including a psych eval and my mock transfer! I could talk about my excitement forever. So i will wrap up this post and leave you with this picture- i find it on a lot of surrogate's Pinterest boards, and you will find it on mine. Sure, it can relate to a lot of things in life, but this really sums up surrogacy to me.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh my I LOVE that picture! So true of surrogacy! Hi hun, just stopping by! I'm a friend of TheMommy's on her heartblock board. I was a surrogate what feels like years ago (my surrobaby is 8 now!). Good luck on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete